Welcome to my blog!


I am a lefty. I write vertically, cannot use can-openers and was recently foiled by a right handed ladle (I will have my vengeance...) but more than this, I generally seem to approach life from a different angle. I appreciate that this may have nothing to do with being a lefty and may just be my own dysfunctionallity, but after earning the nickname 'Lefty-Flip' after a frustrating game of Guitar Hero, it seemed an appropriate title for this blog.

Friday 30 March 2012

Five Minutes Peace

It’s been a strange ol’ week. I have pretty much been swamped 24 hours a day! Expected to solve other people’s problems so not had a moment to sort out my own!

I have had no time to read, no time to write, and as a result am feeling drained of all energy and severely lacking in inspiration.
The most peace I have had all week was a precious few minutes at my choir concert Wednesday night, where a lady played Chopin’s Raindrop Prelude (incidentally one of my favourite pieces of music to write to) and I managed to disappear into my head for what felt like the first time all week!
Was beautiful. I wish she could have played it all over again.

So please forgive this lacklustre post! Or maybe take it as a lesson not to let yourself get swamped by life and to take five minutes to enjoy to solitude of your own mind every once in a while!

Have a good (and peaceful) weekend!

Laura

2 comments:

  1. A-HA!I recognise these signs. I am a proper Mr Cranky if I'm not allowed my writing headspace. Sporadic Hermitry is essential for all writers. The very fact that you have posted this is proof that you are a writer at heart. You could always take to wearing one of your crime fighting costumes as a disguise if you have to pop out for writing snacks, thus remaining undercover. I am faced with a mountain of formatting before uploading my book onto Smashwords so I shall have a listen to the above piece, but also promise to not tell you what I think until next week as I have no wish to barge into your mind hotel and take down the Do Not Disturb sign. Enjoy the weekend, thanks for the sanity breaks this week too, Laura :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, thanks for the lovely comment Tom! Am now tempted to fashion myslef a large 'Do Not Disturb' sign and hang it round my neck! Wonder how well that will go down in the office?

    ReplyDelete

All sensible comments welcome! Spam will be fried and eaten.